Medical cannabis is legal in Texas and millions of Texans are eligible to receive a medical cannabis prescription under the Texas Compassionate Use Program. As the leading dispensary in the state, Texas Original proudly stands with and for every Texan who believes medical cannabis should be a treatment option for patients who could benefit from it. To help our fellow Texans find relief, we're here to make the process simple with this step-by-step guide. Read below to learn how you can start your journey.
Think you may qualify for medical cannabis? Click here to get connected with a trusted cannabis prescriber!
1. Find Out if You Qualify
Unlike other medical states, Texas does not accept out of state medical cannabis cards. Instead, Texans with qualifying conditions may obtain a medical cannabis prescription from a doctor registered in the program. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Texas resident
- Have an approved condition
- Receive a cannabis prescription through a doctor registered with the Compassionate Use Registry of Texas (CURT)
There are over 200 approved conditions for medical cannabis prescriptions in Texas, including:
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- And over 100 more conditions
Don’t see your condition listed? Check out our full list of Qualifying Conditions or schedule an appointment with a physician who can evaluate your medical records to determine if medical cannabis is right for you.
2. Talk to a Doctor
Now you’re ready to meet with a registered physician. Simply fill out the Get a Prescription form and partnering virtual clinic will reach out to you. Not sure if you have a qualifying condition? No problem, just fill out the form and a registered physician will confirm your eligibility.
Be sure to bring any questions you have to your appointment. Afterward, your doctor will electronically add your cannabis prescription to the Compassionate Use Registry.
3. Fill Your Medical Cannabis Prescription
After your appointment, you can fill your Texas medical cannabis prescription at a local dispensary or pickup location near you. Texas Original offers several pickup locations across Texas to make receiving your medicine easy.
Unlike traditional pharmacies, medical cannabis dispensaries must be notified by the patient that their doctor has put their cannabis prescription in the system. Have you received your prescription? Follow these steps to create your Patient Portal account and place your first order.
1. Click the button below. Select "Not a member?" then follow the instructions to create your Patient Portal account. Once your account has been created, you are ready to place your first order.
2. Login to your Patient Portal and click the "Fill a Prescription" button.
3. Select your products and choose from pickup at one of our convenient locations across Texas. Can’t pick up your medicine? Call us to find out if you qualify for a home delivery.
Get a Prescription
Are you ready to start your journey? Click below to get your medical cannabis prescription.