Let’s start with the basics. Is medical marijuana legal in Texas? (The answer might surprise you.)
YES! Although recreational cannabis is not legal in Texas, millions of Texans qualify for medical marijuana. The Lone Star State launched a medical marijuana program under the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) called the Texas Compassionate Use Program (TCUP) in 2015 that offers relief to Texans with over 200 qualifying conditions. Acquiring medical marijuana in Texas is as easy as 1-2-3 with online appointments! Read on to learn more about how TCUP works.
What are some of the qualifying conditions for the Texas Compassionate Use Program?
We’re glad you asked! Below, you’ll find a list of eligible conditions, but if you aren’t sure if you qualify, just fill out the Get a Prescription form and a registered physician can confirm if you qualify during your appointment.
- Neuropathy (Nerve Pain)
- Spasticity (Muscle Spasms)
- Epilepsy and Other Seizure Disorders
- + Over 150 Neurodegenerative Diseases
What are examples of symptoms that medical marijuana may help alleviate?
From anxiety and depression brought on by PTSD to appetite loss from cancer treatment, Texas medical marijuana patients can get the comfort and relief they deserve.
- Appetite loss
- Muscle spasms
- Neuropathic pain
- Night terrors
How do Texans go about getting a prescription for medical marijuana?
Texas does not use medical marijuana cards or MMJ cards. Instead, Texans who qualify receive a medical marijuana prescription from a registered doctor. Ready to get a prescription? It’s a simple 3-step process:
- Schedule an appointment with a doctor registered to prescribe medical cannabis.
- Talk to a doctor.
- Place an order and pick up your medicine from a Texas dispensary.
Ready to get started? Click below to schedule an appointment.
Are there legal marijuana dispensaries in Texas?
Texas Original, the state's leading medical marijuana dispensary, offers pickup locations across Texas in 14 cities.
- San Antonio
- The Woodlands
- Fort Worth
Who is Texas Original?
Texas Original is the leading licensed medical cannabis dispensary in Texas, working alongside physicians to provide the highest quality cannabis medicine to patients and families seeking relief.
- Medical Marijuana Access Statewide: Texas Original has the largest distribution footprint of any licensed provider in Texas, offering several locations across the state where patients can pick up their medicine.
- First in Texas: In 2018, Texas Original opened the state’s very first medical marijuana dispensary in Austin.
- Higher Standards: Texas Original is defined by the integrity of its products. Texas Original holds its medicine to the highest standard for the highest possible quality and efficacy through a rigorous cultivation, manufacturing and certification process that has redefined Texas’ cannabis production.
What are the latest medical marijuana products in Texas?
The two newest medical marijuana products include Texas Original’s 30 mg Blueberry Lemonade Gummies and Elevate Shot Beverages.
- Highest Dose Medical Marijuana Gummy in Texas: Texas Original has launched the first 30 mg medical marijuana gummy in Texas! These blueberry lemonade flavored gummies offer easy administration for patients on higher prescribed doses. Like all Texas Original gummies, these gummies vegan, gluten-free and contain no artificial dyes or flavors.
- Refreshing, Uplifting Relief: Take charge of the day with Elevate! This 1:1 (25mg CBG/25mg THC) shot is made with CBG and THC for balanced, energizing relief and includes turmeric and ginger.
Like all Texas Original products, Texas Original’s medical marijuana Elevate Beverage and Blueberry Lemonade Gummies are regulated and rigorously tested to ensure quality, consistency and purity.
Want to Know More About Texas Marijuana?
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn about the medical marijuana program in Texas, new products and more.