Millions of Texans are now eligible to receive medical marijuana. Currently, Texas does require a prescription from a physician registered in the Compassionate Use Program. We have partnered with cannabis clinics in the state to provide you with a quick yet personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs. Cannabis clinics are 100% virtual and allow you to meet with a physician from the comfort of your home.
How to Receive Your Medical Marijuana Prescription
Our team at Texas Original is here to make the process of receiving a medical marijuana prescription easy. Follow these simple steps to set up a visit.
- To get started, fill out the form on our website. Texas Original will send you a text and email confirming your submission.
- You will be contacted same-day by a partnering cannabis clinic (please note: you may be contacted the following business day if the form is submitted after business hours).
- The cannabis clinic will request documentation from you of your condition. Once the clinic reviews your records, you will be provided with further instructions on setting your appointment.
- After your appointment, contact us by phone, chat or sign up on our Portal Del Paciente to begin your journey to relief with medical cannabis, grown for Texans by Texans.
Who is Eligible for Medical Marijuana?
Texas’ medical marijuana program, the Compassionate Use Program, was established in 2015. Over the years, the program has expanded to increase the THC cap and include more qualifying conditions. On September 1st, 2021, HB 1535 went into effect, adding all stages of cancer and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as eligible conditions.
Conditions approved under the Compassionate Use Program include:
- Cancer (all stages)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- La espasticidad
- Epilepsy and Other Seizure Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other Incurable Neurodegenerative Conditions
Once I Get My Prescription, How Do I Receive My Medicine?
Scheduling an order with us is easy. You can call or use our Patient Portal to schedule a pick-up or delivery. You can choose to receive your medicine at any prescription pick-up locations in El Paso, Wichita Falls, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. In addition to these pick-up locations, our drivers deliver weekly to different areas of the state. We take pride in being the only provider establishing a network of deliveries and prescription pick-up locations that services the entire state. We are committed to bringing our high-quality medicine as close to patients as possible.
Ready to become a patient? Click below to get started on your journey to relief with medical marijuana.