Dear Patients, Doctors and Stakeholders,
As our communities continue to feel the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19), I want to connect directly with you to share the steps we are taking across our production facility, distribution, and delivery operations to ensure that our patients, employees, and the communities we live in remain safe, healthy and informed.
First of all, my heart goes out to those of you may who have been affected by the virus. The health and wellness of our patients and employees is our top priority, and we are monitoring this situation closely. We have developed protocols at our production facility and dispensary to maintain a safe environment, and we are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and other public health organizations.
The following are programs and initiatives that we already undertake to ensure the successful and safe delivery and dispensing of the highest quality cannabis-based medicine in the State of Texas:
Manufacturing and Production Methods
Our extraction, processing, and purification methods result in purified cannabinoid oil that has undergone several stages that reach temperatures above 100o, well above 25 degrees Celsius, that has been identified to result in the die-off of COVID-19. Formulation methods continue to be carried out under carefully controlled conditions to prevent human contamination of the medicine.
Facility and Delivery Vehicle Cleanliness
Not only do we have stringent, well-established cleaning protocols already in place, but we have significantly amplified those and stepped up our “heavy cleans” to highly sanitize our facilities and delivery vehicles. Best product and material handling practices are adhered to by using sanitizer deemed by the EPA to be effective against coronavirus.
We are closely monitoring our dispensing and distribution practices, and taking steps to enable an uninterrupted flow of our medicine. Our current inventory position is strong and we will continue to provide access to the medicine you need. Availability of safety equipment such as surgical masks, N95 masks, nitrile gloves, disinfectants, and other safety products are at the disposal of our production facility, dispensary and distribution staff.
Communication and Guidance
We are remaining diligent in taking guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, The State of Texas, Travis County, and a variety of other federal authorities for updates on COVID-19 (Corona Virus). Rest assured we have implemented all guidance and recommendations and will continue to do so.
Additionally, The Centers for Disease Control has issued guidance for COVID-19 prevention and treatment, including the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a healthcare facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- CDC’s full guidance can be reviewed here, and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites with the latest information.
Our operations remain uninterrupted and we want you to have peace of mind when choosing your medical cannabis needs. Our foremost priority is to ensure you stay safe, healthy and informed.
Chief Executive Officer
Texas Original Compassionate Cultivation